In order to offer the broad public insights into modern life science research, Life Science Zurich regularly organises talks, discussions and competitions.
Nationaler Zukunftstag 2017
As in previous years, all places in the Zukunftstag program of 9 November 2017 were booked out. About 130 kids in the 5th to 7th grade visited either three different lab workshops or choose to work more intensively on specific technical discipline. For the first time, the Zoological Museum of the UZH offered a workshop as well. After the regular program children and parents were invited to the Flying circus in Physics.
Zurich Film Festival Talks
Since 2016 Life Science Zurich has bee presenting in collaboration with Eye on Science science talks in conjunction with selected films of the Zurich Filml Festival.
- "Frontiers of genetic research" connected to the film Genesis 2.0
- "When Science Fiction becomes Reality" connected to the film The Truth about Killer Robots
- "AIDS: death sentence - normal living - complete cure?" connected to the film 120 Beats per Minute
- "Future children" connected to the film Future Baby
- "Food for thought" connected to the film The Islands and the Whales
- "Is ingenuity trainable?" connected to the film Magnus
In the autumn semester 2013, Life Science Zurich organised in collaboration with Effy Vayena from the Institute of Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Prevention of the UZH a number of talks on personalised medicine.
Photocompetition "Diversity of Nature"
Within the scope of the "International Year of Biodiversity" Life Science Zurich Communication & Events hosted a photographic competition on the theme of "Diversity of Nature". A jury of specialists judged the submitted photographs and a small exhibition presented three awarded photos from each category.
Zurich Life Science Week "Grow old and stay young"
Everybody wants to grow old but nobody wants to be old. Within the scope of the first Zurich Life Science Week that took place in May 2006, researchers from the most varied fields presented the newest findings on geriatric research. More